We Provide Acupuncturists with Living Wage Jobs That Qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Thank you for your interest in working for Free Range Health!
We are always looking for highly qualified people to provide integrative health care to under-served individuals and communities. Please refer to the list below to see current job openings. Click on the links to learn more and begin the application process.
Free Range Health is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
A background check and drug screen will be required if offered employment. We do not screen for THC.
There are currently no available positions.
Please enter your name and email address below to be notified when positions become available.
why become a provider
What our providers are saying...
Who Can Become A Provider
Education and Professional Requirements:
- DAOM required.
- Chinese herb training from an accredited program required.
- WA State acupuncture license active and in good standing at the time employment begins required.
- NCCAOM Diplomate of Oriental Medicine certification active and in good standing required.
- Completion of WA State approved Acupuncture Point Injection Therapy training program required (may complete next available class if hired).
- Completion of WA State approved 6-Hour Suicide Prevention training program required.
- Completion of WA State approved Telehealth training program required.
- Completion of CPR and basic first aid training within the past 6 months before employment begins required.
- English fluency is required.
- Additional languages spoken optional but encouraged.
- Commitment to advancing TCM through research, education, and meaningful employment.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to write anything from a case study to a fundraising letter to a patient educational flyer. Comfortable with public speaking and one-to-one conversations.
Travel and Vehicle Requirements
- This job requires driving
- You will need to have reliable transportation as you serve host site clinics and patients around Snohomish County.
- Your vehicle should be large enough to transport the clinic supplies and equipment if necessary.
Business, Information, and Communications Technology Requirements
- Comfortable learning, using, and teaching cloud-based technology
- This job requires a positive and confident approach to asking for financial support.
- You will need to understand our mission and discuss its merits.
- Be able to explain how donations are used in the clinic to help patients and how they are used org wide to further our mission.
- You will need to be organized and creative in finding new ways to raise funds.
- You will need to be able to stand and walk for an entire 7-hour shift. Our providers routinely clock up to 4500 steps or more during a shift.
- You will need to be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs as you:
- assist patients into and out of seating.
- load and unload the clinic vehicle.
- set up and break down a clinic or some other Free Range Health® event.
- restock the supply room.
- You will need to be able to bend, lift, and stretch as you:
- inventory and organize the Chinese herb stock.
- clean and reorganize the supply room.
- wash and fold clinic linens.
- assist in set up and break down of the clinic.
- assist patients with digital intake, appointment booking, product purchases, or making donations.
- answer Free Range Health® and TCM-related questions.
- oversee, recruit, and assist volunteers to sell products and schedule services.
- oversee clinic appointment schedule and patient flow into the treatment area.
- administer acupuncture, B12 injections, and other on-demand clinic services.
- recommend other Free Range Health® services to patients.
- record patient chart notes in our EHR system.
- complete Provider End of Shift Reports.
- help clinic volunteers complete Volunteer End of Shift Reports.
- Clinic-related support activities such as:
- inventory, restock, and clean the supply room.
- inventory and restock the Chinese herbs.
- clean and restock the clinic boxes and equipment for the next week.
- clean and fold clinic sheets.
- pack vehicle for the next week’s clinics.
Additional Organization Admin and Support
- Participate in regular staff planning and feedback meetings.
- Participate in an annual evaluation.
- Cross train with the Executive Director to support other areas of the organization.
- Create and oversee small fundraising opportunities to support individual clinic sites
- Create patient educational materials.
- Provide feedback and constructive solutions for improving Provider duties, efficiency, or processes.
steps in the application process
Check Available Openings
- Check our available positions to see if a position is currently available.
- Read the position description to understand the job duties and licensing requirements for the position.
Submit Your Application
- Click on the apply now button to begin the application process.
- Complete and submit the online application including:
- A current resume.
- A writing assessment prompt.
- Proof of current NCCAOM Diplomate status.
- Proof of current professional license in the state(s) where you will be performing your duties.
- Proof of current driver license.
- Unofficial transcripts for your TCM education.
- 2 letters of professional reference.
Applicant Review - Round 1
- Selected applicants will advance to Round 2.
- You will be notified only if you are selected to continue the application process.
Take The Instinct Test
- Complete a Kolbe A assessment.
- You can find out more about this assessment here: https://www.kolbe.com/for-business/a-index-for-everyone/
- INSERT TEXT
Applicant Review - Round 2
- Selected applicants will advance to Round 3.
- You will be notified of the hiring committee's decision.
patent intake and treatment
- Complete a patent intake and treatment.
- This is a skills assessment to evaluate:
- Patient intake, assessment, and bedside manner.
- TCM knowledge in diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Acupuncture point prescription writing.
- CHM prescription writing.
- Acupuncture technique.
- Current professional documentation standards.
- Cloud-based technology and electronic health records familiarity.
- You will be compensated for providing this treatment.
- INSERT TEXT
Applicant Review – Final Decision
- Selected applicant will be offered employment.
- You will be notified of hiring committee’s decision.
- Accept or decline offer of employment.
- Complete background check.
- Complete drug screen.
- We do not screen for THC as part of the hiring process.
- Begin training and probationary period.
About free range health
Free Range Health is a nonprofit charity providing access to low-cost acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine to underserved individuals and communities.
Our mission is to bring wellness directly to communities in need by empowering skilled integrative health providers with innovative tools and resources.
We believe that everyone should have access to high-quality wellness programs to help them live a happy and healthy life. Often those who are challenged by lack of mobility or inability to pay are the ones that need it the most.
The organization was founded by Cole Alexander in 2012.
His dream to create a decentralized approach to providing low-cost integrative and alternative medicine services to low-income individuals, homebound patients and their caregivers, rural communities, and native communities is the driving force behind our mission.
Our Guiding Principles
Since it's beginnings Free Range Health has helped more than 400 patients and delivered over 3500 low-cost to treatments at one of the 4 area senior centers hosting a weekly community acupuncture clinic. Treatments have been in the homes of patients unable to leave due to health reasons, and they have been in rural communities where the nearest services are too far to access easily.
With the generous support of amazing individuals and organizations, Free Range Health is on its way to being a model of efficient and effective health care delivery for the 21st Century.
As a 501c3 charity organization, Free Range Health meets the requirements for eligible employments. We work as quickly as possible to increase your hours to 30 per week, which qualifies your loan payments for PSLF. We generate an annual employment certification form verifying your qualifying employment. We are available to offer guidance and support to enroll and qualify during your repayment period.
Yes. We are very happy to accept recent graduates and newly licensed providers as employees. Our system is designed to help you develop professionally and deepen your skills as an AEMP.
Yes. Please contact us to discuss your availability and what kinds of volunteer opportunities appeal to you.
Free Range Health utilizes traditional Chinese medicine principles and theories at all levels of patient assessment and treatment. We have chosen this style because it is the predominant style taught in U.S. acupuncture universities and assessed on national exams. TCM allows us to adhere to standards of treatment and diagnosis that create a uniform experience for our patients, providers, and research partners.
Group acupuncture clinics typically see 4-6 patients receiving acupuncture treatments in the same area at one time. Patient appointments are staggered, so patients are regularly entering and exiting the clinic space.
Our group acupuncture clinics are modeled on community style clinics. One difference from many community style clinics is that we offer 50-minute appointments with defined start and end times.
Any population that experiences difficulty accessing quality traditional Chinese medicine services is underserved. This can range from living in an area that is far from TCM services to inability to leave the home to lack of ability to pay for services. At this time our focus is host sites in senior centers around Snohomish County, WA. That’s just the beginning. Who would you like us to work with? What populations do feel are underserved? How can you be a part of bringing Free Range Health to those communities?
No. At this time, Free Range Health does not accept, bill, or contract with any insurance company or agency.
The services offered at host sites depend on the needs of the host site and the community being served. Free Range Health works to provide as many traditional Chinese medicine treatment modalities as possible in the host site. The basic services offered at a host site are acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, Asian nutrition counseling, and acupuncture injection therapy. Additional TCM services can be added as needed.